Course Code: SHB50115 | CRICOS Course Code: 089060G
Who Should Study this Course?
This course is for people desiring to work as Beauty Therapists, Salon Managers or other positions within the wider area of the beauty industry. Students of the course will learn a broad range of beauty therapist treatments and services including facial treatments, body massage and treatments, hair removal, lash and brow treatments, nail and make-up services.
Where is the College located?
YES College’s Campus is located at Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150. The campus is situated opposite Westfield Parramatta and is 2 to 4 minutes’ walk from Parramatta train station.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may undertake a range of other qualifications from the SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package to further enhance their career opportunities such as SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management and SHB60118 Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction.
Graduates will also be eligible to seek employment working in a beauty salon, hairdressing salon, day spa, health retreat, cruise ship, resort and skin clinic as a beauty therapist. Graduates may also decide to open up their own home/mobile business and with relevant experience may be able to obtain a position as a Salon Manager.
For direct entry into this program, candidates must:
- be a minimum of 17 years of age
- provide a copy of a senior secondary certificate of education which has been awarded to the learner by an agency or authority for the student’s completion of year 12
- provide evidence of successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate IV or higher (where the language of instruction is English)
- The learner is assessed as displaying competence at or above exit level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy;
Additional entry requirements:
- International students (from countries where English is not the first language) are expected to have a minimum English Language standard and are required to have one of the following prior to enrolling in a qualification:
- At least 50% completion of any AQF Certificate IV or Diploma qualification within Australia
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.5
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.0 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 10 weeks)
- Achieved an IELTS score of 4.5 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 20 weeks)
- Successfully completed at least 38 weeks of ELICOS study in Australia
- Successfully completed a Yes College English language test
- Students of this course will be required to access computers for learning purposes and to complete course assessments. As such, learners must have beginner/intermediate computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Work, Excel, Power point and Outlook and knowledge of how to use the Internet to access information.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
This course is part of the SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package. Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a Nationally Recognised:
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
The delivery mode is face to face institution based delivery at YES College’s training premises and salon. program is delivered at our college premises via face to face trainer led theory classes and online.
The face-to-face delivery includes individual and group activities, lectures, pair work, class presentations, and practical training in the College’s practical rooms and YES College training salon.
Students are required to wear smart attire and enclosed shoes at all times while attending the college.
Assessment methods used in this qualification include:
- Knowledge test
- Evidence of Treatment (EOT) portfolio’s
- Practical observation in YES College training salon
Facilities and Equipment
The beauty classrooms transform into a working salon environment with treatment areas separated by curtains. There is a reception area with a computerised salon system, point of sale and retail area. The beauty rooms are equipped with adjustable beds, consumables, wax pots, tools and equipment relevant to the units, treatment products, hand basins, and adjustable lighting.
Make-up faculty-individual client workstation, chairs, make-up lighting in each work station, make-up trolley, magnifying mirror, disposable spatulas, tissues, a professional skin-care range, camouflage make-up and general make-up range.
Beauty machines: electrical facial machines-galvanic, high frequency, micro-current, micro-dermabrasion (crystal & diamond), ultra-sonic, steamer, hot & cool wax pots and woods lamp.
Body machines: Spa capsule incorporating hydrotherapy & Vichy shower, galvanic, high frequency and G5 massage.
Two student computer labs are available on campus. The student computer labs include networked Computers with Microsoft Office, Internet, and printing and photocopying facilities. A small library is available on campus, which contains support materials available for student loan.
Resources and Materials
Students are able to borrow Students Workbooks at Reception which must be returned at the conclusion of class. Students can also purchase their own Student Workbook at their own cost. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
This program is delivered over a period of 52 weeks (40 academic weeks + 12 weeks holiday).
Units of Competency
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBCCS002 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- BSBSMB304 Determine resource requirements for the micro business
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBBOS005 Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBHRS002 Provide female intimate waxing services
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBSKS005 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
The course is delivered over 20 hours per week. Face to face hours are offered over various shifts. Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of YES College.
Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 9635 0652
Email: [email protected]
Tuition fee: AUD $10,400
Additional extra cost of $365 for kits and $85 uniforms.
Competency, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency
To successfully complete a unit of competency i.e. achieve a Competent result for the unit, you must achieve a Satisfactory Result for all assessment tasks for that unit. For each assessment task you will be provided with three opportunities to achieve a Satisfactory Result. Students unable to achieve competency after their third attempt can undertake re-assessment. Students unable to achieve competency after reassessment will be required to repeat the unit of competency in line with the College’s Student Assessment, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency Guidelines policy.
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Have you worked or studied in this field before? RPL allows you the opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you can contact the college for our RPL kit, which will guide you through the process of presenting your evidence. RPL will only be granted before the start of the course, or within the first two weeks of starting the course. Note that where an overseas is granted credit that results in a shortening of the students’ course duration, the change will be reported via PRISMS to the Department of Home Affairs. There is a fee for the RPL service. See YES College’s RPL Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
YES College will fully recognise the AQF and VET Qualifications and Statements of Attainments issued by other Registered Training Organisations. Should you have completed another course with another provider and wish to claim credit into your course at YES College, you may do so by completing the College’s Student Exemption Form. There is no additional fee for Credit Transfer. See YES College’s Credit Transfer Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
If you are an international student, you must be covered by OSHC from when you arrive in Australia and for the entire duration of your stay, in line with the conditions of your student visa. This can be organised by YES College or yourself. If you are studying at more than one educational provider and both are arranging OSHC, you will have to ensure that there is no gap between policies. This means that as one policy expires the next commences immediately.
You can find out more about purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover at the website https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/live-in-australia/insurance or by speaking to YES College Marketing and Admissions Staff.
Student Support Services
YES College is committed to providing all students with quality student support services throughout their enrolment and adhering to the principles of access and equity for all its students.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) support will be provided in all subjects as part of the normal tuition and assessment activities and where additional LL&N support is needed will organise and charge the service on a fee-per-service basis.
Other support services that YES College provides include:
- Airport pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Overseas student health cover*
- Bank account assistance
- Student workbooks*
- Education counselling (Course Progress, Attendance)
- Welfare counselling
- Career counselling
- Internal English Language Support
- External English language support*
- Cultural adjustment
- Recognition of Prior Learning*
- Internet access and Student Computer Lab
- Extra-curricular activities*
- Student ID Cards* and TEAMS Login
- Document Access
- Tax file number assistance
- Job finding and resume assistance
- Complaints and Appeals
- Student Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation
- Certificate and Statement of Results (SOR) Issue
- Certificate copies*
- Transcript copies*
* Indicates that fees are involved. Please contact us for further information.
Access and Equity
The College is committed to integrating Access and Equity principles within all the services provided to clients in accordance with the Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Act 1986, Racial Discrimination Act 5 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act and Disability Discrimination Act 1992. All our staff members recognize the rights of learners/clients and provide information, advice and support consistent with our mission statement, code of ethics and code of practice.
The college recognizes the diverse background of our learners from all over the world. Regardless of cultural, linguistic, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability or age all students have the right to study in an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All learners equally have the right to be treated in a fair and considerate manner while studying at the college.
If at any time students feel that in any way the college is not abiding by this Code of Practice they can report their complaints or grievance to their trainer, the Student Support Team or the Operations Manager.