Course Code: SHB30215
Course status: This course has been superseded by SHB30221 Certificate III in Make-Up.
Who Should Study this Course?
This fun and creative make-up course will include all aspects of beauty make-up application for weddings, balls and special occasions plus airbrushing make-up, make-up through the ages, vintage make-up, glamour, photographic make-up, catwalk make-up, fashion make-up, hair styling techniques, braiding, design and style long hair creatively, brow grooming and spray tanning.
Where is the College located?
YES College’s Campus is located at Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150. The campus is situated opposite Westfield Parramatta and is 2 to 4 minutes’ walk from Parramatta train station.
On completion of this qualification, graduates may choose to undertake further study to further enhance their career opportunities such as SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy, SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy, or CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Make-Up).
Graduates will also be eligible to seek employment in the make-up industry, working on product counters or as mobile make-up artists.
For direct entry into this program, candidates must:
- be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- provide a copy of a senior secondary certificate of education which has been awarded to the learner by an agency or authority for the student’s completion of year 12.
- The learner completes a YES College pre-enrolment assessment to determine what if any support will be needed to complete the course.
This course is part of the SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package. Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a Nationally Recognised:
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-Up
The delivery mode is face to face institution based delivery at YES College’s training premises and salon.
The face-to-face delivery includes individual and group activities, lectures, pair work, class presentations, and practical training in the College’s practical rooms and YES College training salon.
Students are required to wear smart attire and enclosed shoes at all times while attending the college.
Assessment methods used in this qualification include:
- Knowledge assessment
- Evidence of Treatment (EOT) portfolio’s
Facilities and Equipment
- Make-up Studio – Adjustable make up chairs, make-up lighting, make-up display and stock stand, airbrushing machines and products, a professional skin-care range (Dermalogica), beauty make-up and make-up to create fantasy/period make-up.
This program is delivered over a period of 40 weeks.
Units of Competency
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBMUP005 Apply airbrushed make-up
- SHBBMUP006 Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBHDES002 Braid hair
- SHBHDES006 Design and style long hair creatively
- SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBMUP007 Work collaboratively on make-up productions
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- BSBSMB304 Determine resource requirements for the micro business
The course is delivered over 7 hours per week. Face to face hours are offered over various shifts. Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of YES College.
Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 9635 0652
Course Fee: AUD $5,050.
Extra Costs that are not included but are required for the course are as follows:
- College uniform (Polo): $35
- Black pants and black enclosed shoes: Purchase externally or BYO
- Hair tongs/straightening irons and camera: Purchase externally or BYO
Competency, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency
To successfully complete a unit of competency i.e. achieve a Competent result for the unit, you must achieve a Satisfactory Result for all assessment tasks for that unit. For each assessment task you will be provided with three opportunities to achieve a Satisfactory Result. Students unable to achieve competency after their third attempt can undertake re-assessment. Students unable to achieve competency after reassessment will be required to repeat the unit of competency in line with the College’s Student Assessment, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency Guidelines policy.
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Have you worked or studied in this field before? RPL allows you the opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you can contact the college for our RPL kit, which will guide you through the process of presenting your evidence. RPL will only be granted before the start of the course, or within the first two weeks of starting the course. See YES College’s RPL Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
YES College will fully recognise the AQF and VET Qualifications and Statements of Attainments issued by other Registered Training Organisations. Should you have completed another course with another provider and wish to claim credit into your course at YES College, you may do so by completing the College’s Student Exemption Form. There is no additional fee for Credit Transfer. See YES College’s Credit Transfer Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
Student Support Services
YES College is committed to providing all students with quality student support services throughout their enrolment and adhering to the principles of access and equity for all its students.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) support will be provided in all subjects as part of the normal tuition and assessment activities and where additional LL&N support is needed will organise and charge the service on a fee-per-service basis.
Other support services that YES College provides include:
- Bank account assistance
- Education counselling (Course Progress, Attendance)
- Welfare counselling
- Career counselling
- Internal English Language Support
- External English language support*
- Recognition of Prior Learning*
- Internet access and Student Computer Lab
- Extra-curricular activities*
- Document Access
- Tax file number assistance
- Job finding and resume assistance
- Complaints and Appeals
- Student Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation
- Certificate and Statement of Results (SOR) Issue
- Certificate copies*
- Transcript copies*
* Indicates that fees are involved. Please contact us for further information.
Access and Equity
The College is committed to integrating Access and Equity principles within all the services provided to clients in accordance with the Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Act 1986, Racial Discrimination Act 5 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act and Disability Discrimination Act 1992. All our staff members recognize the rights of learners/clients and provide information, advice and support consistent with our mission statement, code of ethics and code of practice.
The college recognizes the diverse background of our learners from all over the world. Regardless of cultural, linguistic, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability or age all students have the right to study in an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All learners equally have the right to be treated in a fair and considerate manner while studying at the college.
If at any time students feel that in any way the college is not abiding by this Code of Practice they can report their complaints or grievance to their trainer, the Student Support Team or the Operations Manager.