Course Code: BSB80615 | CRICOS Course Code: 0101090
Who Should Study this Course?
This course is for people desiring to work as Leaders and Managers within the Training, Human Resources Management or Education Administration industries. People in these positions generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation and typically would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others. Students of this course will learn how to develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships, lead personal and strategic transformation, lead learning strategy implementation and how to plan and implement a mentoring program. They will also learn how to initiate and lead applied research, lead innovative thinking and practice, identify and communicate trends in career development and establish career development services.
Where is the College located?
YES College’s Campus is located at Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150. The campus is situated opposite Westfield Parramatta and is 2 to 4 minutes’ walk from Parramatta train station.
Coupled with relevant and substantial work experience, graduates may be able to seek entry into a range of Master level programs such as Master of Business Administration, or Master of Human Resources Management at an Australian Higher Education Provider (subject to the Higher Education Provider’s course entry requirements).
Graduates can seek employment working in the private sector, particularly within the Training, Human Resources Management and Education Administration industries. Graduates with no prior work experience can expect to enter the workforce in positions such as Administration Officer, Education Administration Coordinator or other related positions. Graduates with substantial work experience could obtain positions such as RTO Manager, Career Development Manager (Education Sector) or RTO Education Adviser.
The entry requirements for direct entry into this program include:
- Advanced Diploma level qualification (AQF level 6) or higher in a related field such as BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, BSB60915 Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources) or BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business or other relevant qualification at AQF level 6 or higher; or
- Substantial leadership and management employment experience (more than two years) where learning is used to build organizational capability
Additional entry requirements:
- International students (from countries where English is not the first language) are expected to have a minimum English Language standard and are required to have one of the following prior to enrolling in this qualification:
- Achieved an (International English Language Testing System) overall score of 6.5, with no score below 6.0
- Achieved a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) internet-based score of 79
- Achieved a Pearson Test of Academic English score of 58
- Achieved a Cambridge English Scale Score of 177
- Successful completion of any AQF level 6 Advanced Diploma qualification or higher within Australia
- Successful completion of YES College’ English language test.
- Students of this course will be required to access computers for learning purposes and to complete course assessments. As such, learners must have intermediate or higher computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook and knowledge of how to use the Internet to access information.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the College’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
* Items 1 – 6 must have been taken within two years from course application date.
This course is part of the BSB Business Services Training Package. Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a Nationally Recognised:
- BSB80615 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)
The program is delivered at our college premises via face to face trainer led theory classes and online. Delivery of training is through lectures, individual and group readings and activities, demonstrations and class presentations.
Students are required to wear smart attire and enclosed shoes at all times while attending the college.
Assessments may include, but are not limited to demonstrations, knowledge tests, presentations, projects and reports.
Facilities and Equipment
YES College training rooms are well equipped with modern audio-visual facilities, including data projectors and whiteboards. Two student computer labs are available on campus. The student computer labs include networked Computers with Microsoft Office, Internet, and printing and photocopying facilities. A small library is available on campus, which contains support materials available for student loan.
Resources and Materials
Students are able to borrow Students Workbooks at Reception which must be returned at the conclusion of class. Students can also purchase their own Student Workbook at their own cost. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
This program is delivered over a period of 52 weeks (40 academic weeks + 12 weeks holiday).
Units of Competency
- BSBLDR803 Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships
- BSBLDR801 Lead personal and strategic transformation
- BSBLED802 Lead learning strategy implementation
- BSBLED805 Plan and implement a mentoring program
- BSBRES801 Initiate and lead applied research
- BSBINN801 Lead innovative thinking and practice
- BSBLED809 Identify and communicate trends in career development
- BSBLED807 Establish career development services
The course is delivered over 20 hours per week (14 hours face to face, 6 hours online). Face to face hours are offered over various shifts. Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of YES College.
Enrolment and Intakes
YES College runs various intakes per year. Please contact us for more information.
Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 9635 0652
Application Fee: AUD $200
Tuition Fee: AUD $14,800
Total: AUD $15,000
Material Fee (Student Workbooks): AUD $0
Total inclusive of Material Fee: AUD $15,000
Competency, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency
To successfully complete a unit of competency i.e. achieve a Competent result for the unit, you must achieve a Satisfactory Result for all assessment tasks for that unit. For each assessment task you will be provided with three opportunities to achieve a Satisfactory Result. Students unable to achieve competency after their third attempt can undertake re-assessment. Students unable to achieve competency after reassessment will be required to repeat the unit of competency in line with the College’s Student Assessment, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency Guidelines policy.
We must be advised in writing of your intention for refund in line with our Student Refund Policy. Refunds will be assessed and determined based on the requirements of this policy which is available at www.yescollege.com.au.
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Have you worked or studied in this field before? RPL allows you the opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you can contact the college for our RPL kit, which will guide you through the process of presenting your evidence. RPL will only be granted before the start of the course, or within the first two weeks of starting the course. Note that where an overseas is granted credit that results in a shortening of the students’ course duration, the change will be reported via PRISMS to the Department of Home Affairs. There is a fee for the RPL service. See YES College’s RPL Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
YES College will fully recognise the AQF and VET Qualifications and Statements of Attainments issued by other Registered Training Organisations. Should you have completed another course with another provider and wish to claim credit into your course at YES College, you may do so by completing the College’s Student Exemption Form. There is no additional fee for Credit Transfer. See YES College’s Credit Transfer Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
If you are an international student, you must be covered by OSHC from when you arrive in Australia and for the entire duration of your stay, in line with the conditions of your student visa. This can be organised by YES College or yourself. If you are studying at more than one educational provider and both are arranging OSHC, you will have to ensure that there is no gap between policies. This means that as one policy expires the next commences immediately.
You can find out more about purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover at the website https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/live-in-australia/insurance or by speaking to YES College Marketing and Admissions Staff.
Student Support Services
YES College is committed to providing all students with quality student support services throughout their enrolment and adhering to the principles of access and equity for all its students.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) support will be provided in all subjects as part of the normal tuition and assessment activities and where additional LL&N support is needed will organise and charge the service on a fee-per-service basis.
Other support services that YES College provides include:
- Airport pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Overseas student health cover*
- Bank account assistance
- Student workbooks*
- Education counselling (Course Progress, Attendance)
- Welfare counselling
- Career counselling
- Internal English Language Support
- External English language support*
- Cultural adjustment
- Recognition of Prior Learning*
- Internet access and Student Computer Lab
- Extra-curricular activities*
- Student ID Cards* and TEAMS Login
- Document Access
- Tax file number assistance
- Job finding and resume assistance
- Complaints and Appeals
- Student Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation
- Certificate and Statement of Results (SOR) Issue
- Certificate copies*
- Transcript copies*
* Indicates that fees are involved. Please contact us for further information.
Access and Equity
The College is committed to integrating Access and Equity principles within all the services provided to clients in accordance with the Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Act 1986, Racial Discrimination Act 5 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act and Disability Discrimination Act 1992. All our staff members recognize the rights of learners/clients and provide information, advice and support consistent with our mission statement, code of ethics and code of practice.
The college recognizes the diverse background of our learners from all over the world. Regardless of cultural, linguistic, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability or age all students have the right to study in an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All learners equally have the right to be treated in a fair and considerate manner while studying at the college.
If at any time students feel that in any way the college is not abiding by this Code of Practice they can report their complaints or grievance to their trainer, the Student Support Team or the Operations Manager.
For details please refer to the Student Handbook or the College’s Complaints and Appeals Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au.