Course Code: BSB40215 | CRICOS Course Code: 096184D
Who Should Study this Course?
This course is for people desiring to work as Administrators or Project Officers in small, medium or large organizations, in a broad range of industries. People in these positions use well-developed skills, possess a broad knowledge base and apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, analyzing and evaluating information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others. Students will learn a broad range of competencies such as implementing and monitoring WHS procedures, implementing and coordinating customer service strategies and standards, leading team effectiveness, implementing continuous improvement and undertaking project work. Students will also learn how to support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff, implement operational plans, analyse and present research information and report on financial activity, enabling them to operate effectively in business support positions.
Where is the College located?
YES College’s Campus is located at Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150. The campus is situated opposite Westfield Parramatta and is 2 to 4 minutes’ walk from Parramatta train station.
On completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management, BSB50215 Diploma of Business or other Diploma level qualifications from the BSB Business Services Training Package.
Upon completion, candidates may also elect to seek employment in the business support functions of a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in the private sector. Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an Assistant or other related support positions. Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as Administrator or Project Officer.
For direct entry into this program, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Completion of the Higher School Certificate or equivalent; or
- Vocational qualifications in Business related fields such as BSB30115 Certificate III in Business or other relevant qualifications at AQF 3 level; or
- Employment experience in Business support positions such as:
- Accounts Clerk
- Customer Service Advisor
- E-business Practitioner
- Legal Receptionist
- Medical Receptionist
- Office Administration Assistant
- Student Services Officer
- Word Processing Operator
Additional entry requirements:
- International students (from countries where English is not the first language) are expected to have a minimum English Language standard and are required to have one of the following prior to enrolling in a qualification:
- At least 50% completion of any AQF Certificate IV or Diploma qualification within Australia
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.5
- Achieved an IELTS band score of 5.0 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 10 weeks)
- Achieved an IELTS score of 4.5 plus must have completed Upper intermediate ELICOS (At least 20 weeks)
- Successfully completed at least 38 weeks of ELICOS study in Australia
- Successfully completed a Yes College English language test
- Students of this course will be required to access computers for learning purposes and to complete course assessments. As such, learners must have beginner/intermediate computer skills in programs such as Microsoft Work, Excel, Power point and Outlook and knowledge of how to use the Internet to access information.
Entry requirements will be checked at enrolment in line with the Institute’s Student entry requirements, selection, enrolment and orientation policy.
This course is part of the BSB Business Services Training Package. Candidates that successfully complete this qualification will be issued with a Nationally Recognised:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
The program is delivered at our college premises via face to face trainer led theory classes and online. Delivery of training is through lectures, individual and group readings and activities, demonstrations and class presentations.
Students are required to wear smart attire and enclosed shoes at all times while attending the college.
Assessments may include, but are not limited to demonstrations, knowledge tests, presentations, projects and reports.
Facilities and Equipment
YES College training rooms are well equipped with modern audio-visual facilities, including data projectors and whiteboards. Two student computer labs are available on campus. The student computer labs include networked Computers with Microsoft Office, Internet, and printing and photocopying facilities. A small library is available on campus, which contains support materials available for student loan.
Resources and Materials
Students are able to borrow Students Workbooks at Reception which must be returned at the conclusion of class. Students can also purchase their own Student Workbook at their own cost. Students must organise their own pens, pencils and writing materials for this course.
This program is delivered over a period of 52 weeks (40 academic weeks + 12 weeks holiday).
Units of Competency
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS403 Implement customer service standards
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
The course is delivered over 20 hours per week (14 hours face to face, 6 hours online). Face to face hours are offered over various shifts. Note that Timetables are subject to change at the discretion of YES College.
Enrolment and Intakes
YES College runs various intakes per year. Please contact us for more information.
Suite 301, 106 Church Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Phone: 02 9635 0652
Email: [email protected]
Application Fee: AUD $200
Tuition Fee: AUD $9,800
Total: AUD $10,000
Material Fee (Student Workbooks): AUD $0
Total inclusive of Material Fee: AUD $10,000
Competency, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency
To successfully complete a unit of competency i.e. achieve a Competent result for the unit, you must achieve a Satisfactory Result for all assessment tasks for that unit. For each assessment task you will be provided with three opportunities to achieve a Satisfactory Result. Students unable to achieve competency after their third attempt can undertake re-assessment. Students unable to achieve competency after reassessment will be required to repeat the unit of competency in line with the College’s Student Assessment, Reassessment and Repeating Units of Competency Guidelines policy.
We must be advised in writing of your intention for refund in line with our Student Refund Policy. Refunds will be assessed and determined based on the requirements of this policy which is available at www.yescollege.com.au.
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Have you worked or studied in this field before? RPL allows you the opportunity to be recognised for skills, experience and study that you may have already attained. To gain RPL you can contact the college for our RPL kit, which will guide you through the process of presenting your evidence. RPL will only be granted before the start of the course, or within the first two weeks of starting the course. Note that where an overseas is granted credit that results in a shortening of the students’ course duration, the change will be reported via PRISMS to the Department of Home Affairs. There is a fee for the RPL service. See YES College’s RPL Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
YES College will fully recognise the AQF and VET Qualifications and Statements of Attainments issued by other Registered Training Organisations. Should you have completed another course with another provider and wish to claim credit into your course at YES College, you may do so by completing the College’s Student Exemption Form. There is no additional fee for Credit Transfer. See YES College’s Credit Transfer Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au for more information.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
If you are an international student, you must be covered by OSHC from when you arrive in Australia and for the entire duration of your stay, in line with the conditions of your student visa. This can be organised by YES College or yourself. If you are studying at more than one educational provider and both are arranging OSHC, you will have to ensure that there is no gap between policies. This means that as one policy expires the next commences immediately.
You can find out more about purchasing Overseas Student Health Cover at the website https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/live-in-australia/insurance or by speaking to YES College Marketing and Admissions Staff.
Student Support Services
YES College is committed to providing all students with quality student support services throughout their enrolment and adhering to the principles of access and equity for all its students.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) support will be provided in all subjects as part of the normal tuition and assessment activities and where additional LL&N support is needed will organise and charge the service on a fee-per-service basis.
Other support services that YES College provides include:
- Airport pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Overseas student health cover*
- Bank account assistance
- Student workbooks*
- Education counselling (Course Progress, Attendance)
- Welfare counselling
- Career counselling
- Internal English Language Support
- External English language support*
- Cultural adjustment
- Recognition of Prior Learning*
- Internet access and Student Computer Lab
- Extra-curricular activities*
- Student ID Cards* and TEAMS Login
- Document Access
- Tax file number assistance
- Job finding and resume assistance
- Complaints and Appeals
- Student Deferment, Suspension and Cancellation
- Certificate and Statement of Results (SOR) Issue
- Certificate copies*
- Transcript copies*
* Indicates that fees are involved. Please contact us for further information.
Access and Equity
The College is committed to integrating Access and Equity principles within all the services provided to clients in accordance with the Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Act 1986, Racial Discrimination Act 5 1975, NSW Anti-Discrimination Act and Disability Discrimination Act 1992. All our staff members recognize the rights of learners/clients and provide information, advice and support consistent with our mission statement, code of ethics and code of practice.
The college recognizes the diverse background of our learners from all over the world. Regardless of cultural, linguistic, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, disability or age all students have the right to study in an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All learners equally have the right to be treated in a fair and considerate manner while studying at the college.
If at any time students feel that in any way the college is not abiding by this Code of Practice they can report their complaints or grievance to their trainer, the Student Support Team or the Operations Manager.
For details please refer to the Student Handbook or the College’s Complaints and Appeals Policy available at www.yescollege.com.au.